The concept of e-learning is not new to the education sector. However, the outbreak of COVID-19 has fuelled schools' need to leverage the technology platforms to drive learning initiatives. There is heightened demand for schools to provide learning solutions to students using online platforms as the advantages far outweigh the demerits. In simple terms, e-learning is the act of learning or educating via digital resources such as software programmes, mobile devices and the internet.
The use of digital platforms for learning is vividly changing our education system. Traditional classroom training days are slowly coming to an end due to high-speed internet and technology advancement. The pandemic has grown the importance of e-learning globally.
Mathematics Learn & Fun By
Here are a few reasons why online learning has been embraced by so many institutions and educators worldwide:
- 1. It is flexible: Online education enables the teacher and the student to set their own learning pace, and there’s the added flexibility of setting a schedule that fits everyone’s agenda. As a result, using an online educational platform allows for a better balance of work and studies, so there’s no need to give anything up. Studying online teaches you vital time management skills, which makes finding a good balance easier.
- 2. A wide selection of programs and classes: In a vast space as wide as the internet, there are infinite skills and subjects to learn. From music classes to quantum Physics, there are endless choices for every type of student.
- 3. Easily accessible: Online education enables you to study from anywhere in the world. This means there’s no need to commute from one place to another, or follow a rigid schedule. Not only do you save time, but you also save money, which can be spent on other priorities. The virtual classroom is also available anywhere there’s an internet connection.
The Physics Spark By
- 4. A customised learning experience: We’ve mentioned before how flexibility can help you to set your own study pace. But online education is also flexible for each student’s individual requirements and level of ability. Online classes tend to be smaller than conventional class size. Most of the time, online learning platforms only allow one student at a time, and in almost all cases, this allows for greater interaction and more feedback between you and your tutor. There is access to diverse material such as videos, photos, and eBooks online as well and tutors can also integrate other formats like forums or discussions to improve their lessons.
- 5. More cost effective than traditional education: Online classes allow you the added advantage of sparing you the travel fare plus the resources which will all be available online. Generally, you’ll save money that would otherwise be spent on housing and commuting to campus each day. Unlike in-person education methods, online education tends to be more affordable. There’s also often a wide range of payment options that let you pay in instalments or per class. This allows for better
These are only a few reasons to choose an online education, and why 90 percent of students and parents today think that online learning is the same or even better than the traditional classroom experience. Every student must assess their unique situation and decide according to their needs and goals, and while this alternative to traditional education is not for everyone, it's still a convenient option with virtually endless options for international students all over the world.